Our BeliefsErin Presbyterian Church is one family of faith under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, seeking to live that out in a richness of personal expression.
Erin is part of the PC(USA) denomination, which is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky. According to the PC(USA)’s own definition:
Presbyterians affirm that God comes to us with grace and love in the person of Jesus Christ, who lived, died, and rose for us so that we might have eternal and abundant life in him. As Christ’s disciples, called to ministry in his name, we seek to continue his mission of teaching the truth, feeding the hungry, healing the broken, and welcoming strangers. God sends the Holy Spirit to dwell within us, giving us the energy, intelligence, imagination, and love to be Christ’s faithful disciples in the world.
Almost two million people call the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) their spiritual home. Worshiping in 10,000 Presbyterian congregations throughout the United States, they engage the communities in which they live and serve with God’s love.
Unified in Christ, we actively seek to create harmony in a diverse community through compassion, mutual respect, and love.
The mission of Erin Church is to be a lighthouse of faith in Jesus Christ, a beacon of God’s Word, and a channel of the Holy Spirit for our community and beyond:
- Through worship, as we glorify and praise God;
- Through discipleship, as we learn and grow together as a family of faith;
- Through fellowship, as we break bread together and support one another;
- Through creative expression, as we share our faith through the arts;
- Through stewardship, as we cultivate our resources, property, and people;
- Through outreach, as we share God’s love and help those in need.