… to make true disciples of our members, becoming more Christ-like as we grow in faith …
Sunday School (all ages)
Erin offers 3 different Sunday School classes for children, by age group. Teachers use the new PCUSA curriculum, Growing in Grace & Gratitude. This curriculum is rooted in the foundation of Presbyterian identity where God’s grace and our gratitude are the heartbeat of our faith, life, and worship.
Each session shares a Bible story that reveals God’s grace for us. Through fun activities, prayer, and singing, children will celebrate the meaning of this grace in their lives as they encounter a living God.
- Toddler Class (age 2-3) : Nursery
- Younger Elementary Class (age 4 – 1st Grade): Family Life Center 1
- Older Elementary Class (2nd – 5th Grade): Family Life Center 4
Youth have lots of questions, not just about what God says but how it affects them and their place in the world. Sunday School is a safe place to ask questions and find answers together. Youth classes study the Feasting on the Word from PC(USA), which is based on Scripture readings from the Revised Common Lectionary. Each week’s activities and discussions combine the readings with various viewpoints in a new and unique way tailored to the teenage perspective. The joint Middle School/High School Class is taught by Ms. Farrah Linkous in the High School Room. The High School room is the second to last room on the left in the main floor education wing.
3 Adult classes offer a wide variety of content and learning approaches
- Connections Class, led by Rev. Stuart. This class is currently studying the book of Daniel. The class meets online via Zoom Sundays at 10:10 am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join the sessions.
- Covenant Class, led by Joe & Kim Jaynes. The class unites adults of various ages and backgrounds in the pursuit of a deeper understanding and commitment to living as a disciple of Christ. Currently the class is studying Holy Disunity by Rev. Layton Williams. The class meets online via GoToMeeting Sundays at 10:30 am. Contact email@example.com to join the sessions.
- Hard Sayings Class, led by John House. This class is currently studying The Color of Compromise by Jemar Tisby. The class meets online via Zoom Sundays at 10:00 am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join the sessions.
Youth Groups (Sun. evening)
Erin’s youth groups explore what it means to follow Christ in today’s complex world. On Sunday nights, our youth meet to discuss important questions together and bring Jesus’ perspective to the decisions they make every day. There’s fun, opportunities for service, and serious study, too. Both groups also participate in outreach events, lock-ins, and retreats.
Middle School Youth Group meets Sundays 4:45-5:45 pm.
High School Youth Group meets Sundays 5:45-7:00 pm.
Youth groups are led by Youth Director Farrah Linkous.
Virtual Preschool Library
Michelle Waters, our Nursery Coordinator, has created a “virtual preschool library” for our nursery families. Check it out!
Planet Worship (during Sunday 11:00 am Worship)
Planet Worship is Erin’s Children’s Church program for children ages 4 years old through 4th grade. Children attend worship with their parents for the first half of the service. After the family sermon and Praise Song, children are dismissed to Planet Worship, which is held in the Family Life Center.
This program teaches our children why we worship and how we worship. Lessons focus on prayer, music in worship, church seasons of the year, learning to use the Bible, and much more. Children are engaged in lessons with hands-on activities, such as crafts and games.
Pioneer Club (Wednesday 6:30 – 7:30 pm)
Pioneer Club is a “hands-on” activity club for children 4 years old through 5th grade. The goal of Pioneer Club is to foster personal and social development in a Christian environment by creating a fun and safe place for children to play together. Lessons are designed around a variety of themes with lots of crafts, games, science fun, and culinary creations.