Erin is one family of faith under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, seeking to live that out in a richness of personal expression.
The Erin Story
Erin Presbyterian Church is a congregation of about 300 members of all ages, economic, social, and educational backgrounds. It was established in 1877 and is the oldest continuing church in West Knoxville.
Erin was originally founded as a Scots-Irish congregation for new immigrants to this area. The first Erin church was situated just off Northshore Drive. Our second building was located at the corner of Northshore and Kingston Pike. We moved into our present building on Lockett Rd in 1955.
Recent renovations and expansions include:
- remodeling the Sanctuary
- adding the Narthex and remodeling the front offices
- modernizing the Fellowship Hall and kitchen
- adding Sunday School rooms and a large set-building shop and storage space for the Creative Expressions ministry
Erin is part of the PC(USA) and has been Presbyterian since it was first established. We are a Christ-centered church and do our utmost to spread the Gospel through our ministries and missions.
We are also part of a local community of churches called the Bearden-Sequoyah United Ministries. Throughout the year, we participate in various ecumenical services and projects in our neighborhood. We see this as an important part of continuing our 130+ year mission to this part of Knoxville.